Last Update: April 15, 2015
- Collection and Use of Information.
- In General.
You may browse our website without revealing your identity or disclosing any information about yourself. On occasion, you may elect to provide us with personal information. We receive and may elect, at our sole discretion, to store all information, written or oral, provided by you to us, through any means by which you provide it to us (e.g., through this website, via email, over the telephone). For purposes of this Policy “personal information” is defined as any information used to identify an individual. Such information may include, but is not limited to, a first and last name; home, billing, or other physical address, or email address; and information associated with the foregoing. In addition to your contact information, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, phone number or other contact information, and credit-card information. We may, in our sole discretion, combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and information that we receive from partners, affiliates, and other third parties.
- Use Of Your Personal Information.
Uses of information we collect from and/or about you may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Facilitating purchases and providing requested services;
- Order confirmation and tracking;
- Responding to requests and inquiries;
- Comparing and reviewing your data for accuracy, errors, or omissions;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or abuse;
- Understanding customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior;
- Identifying and addressing your product and service preferences;
- Making improvements to our site, services, product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and customer experiences in general;
- Providing you with information, via e-mail, telephone, or conventional mail, regarding products or services of Diamond ICQ, which we believe to be of interest to you. (If you do not wish to be contacted by us, please see our Opt-out information below,)
- Personal Information That May Be Shared With Others.
Under certain circumstances, we may elect to share personal information you have provided to us with trusted partners, including:
- Service Providers – We may, from time to time, use trusted, third-party service providers to perform certain tasks on our behalf, which may include but are not limited to: payment processing, shipping, data storage and/or management, web hosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. Such providers receive personal information only in instances where such information is needed to perform their function(s); they are not authorized to use any personal information for any purpose(s) other than those set forth by Diamond ICQ.
- Special Events – If we offer, and you elect to participate, in a special event (e.g., a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), Diamond ICQ may share your personal information with those organizations participating in such an event. Unless we tell you otherwise in connection with a special event, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event.
- Partners; Products & Services – Diamond ICQ may provide information to carefully selected partners. We may authorize these partners to send you information about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, we might share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services, like financing or insuring Diamond ICQ purchases, that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transfer – Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Compliance With Law; Fraud Protection – We may, and you authorize us to, use and disclose any information, including personal information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law; (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Anonymous Information
We may use personal information to create anonymous records by excluding information (e.g., your name) that makes the information personally identifiable. We may use these records for internal purposes (e.g., analyzing usage patterns to help us enhance our services); we also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records at our discretion.
We value your feedback, including comments and testimonials, and any information that helps us improve our website, products, and services. Any comments, feedback or testimonials you supply will be used on our website, social media networks, and in print advertising.
- Other Uses of Your Information.
- IP Address.
When you visit our site, we collect your IP address for reasons that include: helping to diagnose problems with our server, administering and fine-tuning our site’s operation, analyzing trends, tracking traffic patterns, gathering and aggregating demographic information, and tracking the time and duration of each session within our site. Your IP address may also be used in combination with your personal information to prevent fraud or abuse, understand your preferences, patterns and interests, customize your shopping experience, and make improvements to our site, customer service, products, and promotional efforts.